As each new year begins, all of us take some time to reflect. We reflect on our goals, our accomplishments, and how our lives have changed. Perhaps you had a goal to go the gym three times a week. Or maybe, you told yourself you were going to travel more. Whatever the case may be, we all have different goals, different needs, and it’s up to us as individuals to have the discipline and tenacity to stay focused on what we need to do to make our lives better for ourselves and our families. All of us may have resolutions that we set for ourselves as individuals, but how much thought have you given to creating a better life for your loved ones? Let’s talk about how paying attention to your insurance needs can make your life a whole lot easier and more enjoyable, so that you can live each day with the peace of mind you deserve.
- Take an Inventory – This can seem like a grueling, overwhelming task, but if you organize your thoughts and plan a step-by-step course of action, you may find this process to be therapeutic and, maybe, even fun. Inventories can serve more than one purpose, too. In addition to finding out the value of your possessions like jewelry, an inventory can help you in the case of a disaster that brings on an expensive claim. Knowing the value of your possessions can help you avoid getting the short end of the stick when it comes to reimbursement for your belongings. Also, it’s important to understand that most insurance policies have limits on how much they will pay out for jewelry. Our experienced agents are here to help you!
- Stock Your Car – Don’t forget to put an emergency kit in each one of your vehicles. Good emergency kits will include jumper cables, flares, emergency blankets, a first-aid kit, and other items. Non-perishable snacks like nuts or trail mix are good to keep in your car in case you’re ever left stranded.
- Update Your Life Insurance – Have you made any additions to your family? Perhaps you’ve stopped smoking or your commitment and consistency with going to the gym has made you lose weight. It’s time to update your life insurance policy.
- Make sure you have sufficient limits of liability for your auto policy – If you’re ever involved in an at-fault accident, it’s possible that your current coverages are not adequate enough to cover costs of property damage or possible injuries that either you or other parties sustained. Call us to discuss your limits of liability for your auto insurance.
- Obtain an umbrella policy – If you’re involved in an auto collision and your policy limits are not enough to cover damages, an umbrella policy can kick in to cover the remaining costs. Call us to find out how an umbrella policy can benefit you!
- Decrease your distractions – We know this can be a broad one, but to keep things simple for you, we’re referring to kitchen safety here. It’s important to remain focused when you’re in the kitchen cooking. Hazards are everywhere. Everything from sharp knives to boiling water to having your oven on, try not to take your attention away from the task at hand. Forgetting that your oven is on can not only burn your dinner, but it presents a possible fire hazard that could result in a costly claim.
- Put your phone down while you’re behind the wheel – As we kick off the new “roaring 20’s”, let’s remember that all of us have hopes and dreams and goals we want to accomplish. Let’s all give ourselves and each other the opportunity to pursue those aspirations by getting home safely.