Homeowners insurance typically covers a range of risks and liabilities associated with owining a home. Here are some common coverages:

Dwelling Coverage: This covers the structure of your home in case of damage or destruction due to covered perils such as fire, windstorms, lightning, hail, vandalism, and theft. It typically pays for the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home.

Other Structures Coverage: This extends coverage to strucutures on your property that are not attached to your main house, such as detached garages, sheds, or fences.

Personal Property Coverage: This protects your personal belongings, including furniture, clothing, electronics, and appliances, from covered perils, both inside and outside of your home. However, certain items like jewelry, artwork, and collectibles might have coverage limits, so you may need additional coverage for these high-value items.

Liability Protection: This provides coverage if someone is injured on your property or if you accidentally damage someone else’s property. It typically includes legal expenses and medical bills if you’re found liable for the injury or damage.

Additional Living Expenses or Loss of Use Coverage: If your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, this coverage helps pay for temporary living expenses such as hotel bills, rent, or restaurant meals while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.

Medical Payments to Others: This covers medical expenses if a guest is injured on your property, regardless of who is at fault. It’s usually a smaller amount compared to liability coverage.

It’s important to note that homeowners insurance policies can vary in terms of coverage limits, exclusions, and optional coverages. It’s advisable to review your policy carefully and consider any additional coverages you might need based on your specific circumstances, such as flood insurance or earthquake insurance, which are typically not covered under a standard homeowners policy.

With ERIE, if you purchase the Plus or Select bundle with your ErieSecure homeowners insurance, you will be covered in the case of damage to your underground service lines. This coverage protects you against damage to cable lines, Internet lines, electrical wiring, natural gas pipes, propane pipes, and sewer pipes.