When weather conditions are not safe to drive in and you are in a situation where you don’t necessarily need to be behind the wheel, isn’t it nice to stay in with family and have a family game night? Here are six ideas for your next family game night!
- Classic board games – Games like Monopoly have been around for years! There are many games you can play with your loved ones that are sure to make you feel nostalgic. See who has the steadiest hand with Operation. Or, if you’re feeling up to the challenge, see which one of you can conquer the world with RISK.
2. Dice games – Dice games are easy to play and come in plenty of variations. Try to roll all five of the same numbers to score a Yahtzee! Be the first to score 10,000 points in Farkle. Roll as many 2s as you can in Bunco. Or see who can match all of their dice the fastest in Tenzi.
3. Card games – If you have young ones in your family, matching colors is a fun way to introduce them to card games. You can do this with UNO. If your crowd is filled with adults, Cards Against Humanity is sure to muster up at least a few laughs.
4.Guessing games – If you have enough guests at your home to form at least two teams, Charades is a fun game that is sure to get everyone involved. You can have one team members acting out a favorite activity, or, if you’re a movie buff, a scene from one of your favorite movies. Remember, though, it’s against the rules to talk!
5. Singing competitions – When was the last time you belted out your favorite song at the top of your lungs? Maybe in the car? Well, get together with your family or friends and see who has the best vocals with a karaoke night. A karaoke machine only adds to the fun!
6. Puzzles – Puzzles are a great way to involve the whole group.
Make the evening even more fun by ordering some pizzas or having an ice cream sundae station! This is a great way to build lasting memories for your children.